The PIM system was traditionally limited to creating product catalogs for efficient distribution of product data. Today, an advanced PIM system is at the core of enhancing shopping experiences, improving consumer engagement, and increasing conversion rates.
A robust PIM strategy facilitates easy implementation of a PIM system and brings in systems and processes that deliver accurate classification of product information, efficient cataloging, reliable content curation, and consolidation of real-time data across multiple channels and interfaces.
Major elements of an Effective PIM Strategy
PIM systems are most effective when they are integrated seamlessly into the business, while also implementing industry best practices for eCommerce. Some of the important elements to be considered while developing an effective PIM strategy are:
- Define the scope of PIM Project, that includes – business model, costs and required resources.
- Achieve utmost accuracy of data with appropriate product classifications and taxonomies.
- Introduce efficient product information management practices such as product hierarchy, categories, segments and others.
- Establish omnichannel content curation plan to aid customer experience
- Identify available technology options and develop an integration plan
- Define workflows for data consolidation, data modelling and data governance
- Integrate with existing applications, provide data synchronization with suppliers and vendors
The combination of experienced data managers and creative content curators makes the product information more engaging and will enhance the eCommerce shopping experience for all users. Our PIM Specialists
have been effective in mapping products to an industry-standard or customizable taxonomy as applicable to various categories and business needs.
Importance of PIM Data Classification and Taxonomy
The success of a PIM system relies heavily on the quality of well-organized product information, and that is very important to consider while creating the overall PIM strategy. Engaging content can attract new customers by highlighting critical product information that matters. In the increasingly digital age, companies must ensure that their content is well-organized and be easily found across multiple interfaces – in various languages, channels, or formats.
Accurate Product Information is the key to managing customer relationships throughout the customer lifecycle, particularly from an eCommerce perspective.
in-depth knowledge in PIM consulting and implementation
can enable you to build a robust PIM strategy and achieve the highest Returns on Investments in eCommerce. Our data specialists can reengineer your existing product database to integrate, validate, enrich and syndicate information from across sources – to create a golden PIM database that powers your eCommerce engine.